Kid at art

Monday, November 26, 2012

Blessings


So most of you in blog land probably already know that things are not proceeding the way we would have chosen.  Today I talked to the embassy and they will not reschedule the interview until we have brought in all the documents.  As of tonight (Monday) we still do not have the elusive passport.  Our lawyer is constantly telling us he expects to get it the next day and we keep not getting it.  We have also learned that apparently the commissioner in charge of the passport office is under investigation which is not helping things progress any quicker.  

Obviously I am disappointed and a little frustrated.  But, I am tired of whining so that is not what this post is about.  Instead, it is to remind me of the moments in the midst of disappointment and discouragement tht I have seen the love of God.

I would be lying if I said I had a great attitude today after talking to the embassy.  To be honest, while not surprised, I was crushed.  I tried to stay busy to keep my mind off things, but that isn't always easy here.  To add to my frustration, I was feeling really desperate to talk to someone, but I don't want to whine to people here...they are going to great lengths to help me feel welcome and supported and I don't want to make them feel bad about a situation that is clearly beyond their control.  Unfortunately, everyone at home was asleep (or should have been) and would not have appreciated that text.  So I was praying, okay whining to God, about this situation when out of the blue, I get a text...from my Daddy just saying that he wants me to know that I am on his mind and they are praying for us.  It was 2:15 in the morning his time.  What love, from both my earthly father and my Heavenly Father.  My daddy also offered to come and stay with me for a time or to send us money to help us with all the added expenses of changing plane tickets, extra lodging, food, etc.

So, later tonight, as things were winding down and I had time to think about all the "stuff" I could worry about, Chris texted me.  I know I am beating a dead horse that seems really unimportant in the scheme of things, but one of the things I have been stressing about is the Disney trip.  It is almost certain, at this point, that Annet and I will not be home for this.  I keep thinking about the huge amount of money and huge sacrifice Chris' parents made to get those tickets and I feel like a heel for "wasting" it.  Chris texted to say that his parents were okay with everything and later texted back to say that they had talked to Disney and they could get their money back except for about $50.  I know this seems so small, but it was such a burden lifted off of me and felt like a gift all wrapped up from God Himself .

That is two BIG blessings in the midst of a rough day and I really feel like they were gentle reminders that, while God hasn't always promised an easy road, He has promised to be with us as we travel the rough ones.  And, not only is He walking with us, He is loving us through them...even though we are totally undeserving.

So today, I am asking for prayers of Thanksgiving for little love notes from God.

And yes, I have a couple of specific requests as well.  Pray for Chris and I as we have to begin making some tough choices about travel dates and whether to have Daddy come or just help out financially.  

Also, please pray for me as I would be lying if I said all my feelings of discouragement have vanished.  And, while I know how stupid and shallow it is, I am feeling really bad about sending my family to Disney without us.  I feel disappointed that I am missing out on the experience and the memories and I feel like I am letting my kids down.

And please keep praying for Annet.  She is doing great, but this is a tough transition for her, especially as her mom keeps having emotional moments that must seem quite weird and random to her.

Thanks for all the continued love and support!

4 comments:

  1. Girl - it's not shallow - You are living it & it's the raw truth. There's nothing wrong with it as long as you don't let it swallow you up & you forget about the ONE in control. ;0) I am SO excited about how God took care of Disney!!!! What an amazing blessing. I know you will miss it but it just gives you all a reason to start saving your pennies for when you get to go back as a perfect family of 7!!!!!!! ;0) And don't you worry about your kids - you will not be letting them down!!! To be totally honest, I doubt my kids even remember Andy & I being there when we went with them. LOL. All they talk about is the characters, the rides, shows, etc. See, we can always find something positive to look at. ;0) Girl, we are praying for you. You aren't forgotten over there. I'll be praying that you guys make the right decision about your dad. Can't wait to see how God is going to use you & this time. Love ya. (& oh I know you can't text me - just call collect & then we can skype or something if you need to. You know I'm not asleep at 2. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Star, Take one day at a time trusting in Him who loves you, Chris, and all your children so very very much! You are not whiny. You are very brave and obedient to the task He has given you. Love you dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my Star, your feelings are so, so normal and our God understands that. I pray that things will miraculously come together in ways that we can't imagine and you Annet will make it home in time for the Disney trip. Love you and am praying for you and yours. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete